Exercise is not just about building muscles! Exercising can improve your physique, trim down your waist, and add years to your life. But that’s not the only thing that motivates people to be active. People who exercise on a regular basis feel more energetic, sleep better, improve their memories, and feel more relaxed and positive about themselves. Exercise is a powerful medicine for many common mental health issues.
Regular exercise can have a significant positive impact on depression, anxiety, and ADHD. Even a small amount of exercise can boost your overall mood, and make a huge difference no matter your age or fitness level. Studies show that running for 15 mins, or walking for an hour, can reduce your depression by 26%. Exercise releases endorphins, a powerful chemical in your brain that produces euphoria. So feeling down? Try to get some exercise.
Chicken Parm Stuffed Bell Peppers
3 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
½ cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for serving
3 cloves garlic
1 ½ cup marinara
1 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
12 oz. fresh or frozen breaded chicken, cooked and diced
4 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
½ cup Swanson Chicken Broth
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, marinara, parsley, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined, then gently fold in chicken.
- Spoon mixture into halves bell peppers and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Pour chicken broth into the baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and broil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and more parmesan before serving.