With a new year comes New Year’s resolutions. One of the most popular is getting healthier and joining a gym. If you are new to the gym setting there are a few things you will need to know. Gym etiquette is very important when it comes to fitting in at any gym and avoiding dirty looks from the regulars, so here are some tips for beginners.
- Put things back where they belong when you are done with them.
- Don’t hog the equipment. (i.e. Don’t sit on a machine and play on your phone.)
- Wipe things down after you use them.
- Respect personal space.
- If you don’t know how a piece of equipment works, please feel free to ask someone who works at the gym. Most will be happy to help if they know how!
- Ask if anyone close to equipment is using it before taking it over, or ask if you can work with that person.
- Practice good hygiene. Don’t be the stinky kid in class.
These rules may seem like a lot, but these are all things that you probably practice in everyday settings. Good luck with your new healthy lifestyle!
If you can get through the first three weeks it then becomes a habit that you will stick with. You will see so many changes and feel so much better. Start with a short workout and add to it each time. Get a trainer if you can afford it. Find a workout partner, as it is easier to keep going if you have someone else depending on you. You will be amazed at how fast your body and mind change for the better after a few short weeks, and if you continue.
Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie
-Fresh or frozen strawberries
-Maple syrup for a hint of sweetness (optional)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Enjoy your healthy snack!
**Come see me at Finer Physiques and get your first session free**