If you are trying to figure out where to start, this is a good lower body workout to get you moving.
- Bodyweight squats – Feet shoulder length apart and flat on the ground. Keep your chest up and bend your knees to lower your body. Do a set of 10.
- Single leg deadlift – Begin standing with your feet hip-width apart with a weight or kettlebell in one hand. Lean forward putting your weight on one leg while the other leg extends behind you. Stretch your weighted arm toward the foot on the ground until your body forms a T. Bring your extended leg back to the beginning stance. Do 10 on each leg.
- Hip thrusters – Lay your shoulders flat on the floor with your feet flat on the floor in front of you. Lift your hips up and squeeze your glutes at the top of the move. Lower bottom back to the floor. Do 10 of these.
- Walking lunge – Step forward with your right leg, putting the weight on your heel. Bend the right knee, lowering it down so that it’s parallel to the floor in a lunge position. Pause. Move your left foot forward repeating the same movement on your left leg. Do 10 on each leg.
- Standing calf raises – Stand with your feet flat on the floor, hip width apart and toes facing forward. Rise onto the balls of your feet as high as you can. Pause. Lower your heels back down in a slow controlled motion. Repeat with a slow tempo. Sets of 10.
In the beginning do 10 reps on each move, 3 times each. When that becomes easy increase to 12 reps on each move.
Easy Salsa Chicken
3 large chicken breasts
1 jar of organic salsa
Put chicken in a slow cooker and pour the salsa on top. Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork and mix salsa and shredded chicken. Serve.